Thursday, November 30, 2006

Some Holiday Musings

Sorry to everyone, I know I've been a little lax on posting lately. Blame the holidays, my birthday, and the fact that Thor has been mistaking Washington state for New England lately.
Seriously, my birthday was spent hanging around the house watching dvds with my sweets. There was 2 inches of ice on the road outside our house. I guess that's what happens when you turn 35, you are perfectly happy to spend your natal day trapped inside with a hot young thing. Ok, well I spent several hours painting with my new air compressor, which works like a dream. For the first time in almost 15 years of dabbling with an airbrush, my air supply is something that I can just forget about. Ok yeah, so a silent compressor isn't totally silent, more akin to the compressor in your fridge, but at least I don't have a heart attack if I'm really in the zone when it kicks on.
I haven't done any serious airbrush work since before I went back to college, so I'm still blowing out the cobwebs in my technique. But regardless, it's nice to be painting again. Hopefully I'll have some completed work to post up here, early next year.

I do have some posts in the works, but with all our winter storms, the internet has gone down at the house, so I'm just jettin' off some quick posts in the slow times at work.
You may have noticed I've put some ads up, and I've started some affiliate stores. I'm hoping to upgrade the blog in the coming year, and integrate with some more professional level creative endeavors, so I'm hoping to raise some of the initial costs of hosting and domain registration this way. Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm pretty much a failure as a capitalist, so if you are strapped for cash, feel free to puruse my stores for ideas, and then purchase your booty elsewhere.
Yep, consider those stores my recommendations for the comic, art or scooter geeks christmas wishlist. Well, not mine, because I have most of the titles and supplies there, but that's why I'm recommending them. I'll be elaborating on the art geek present recommendations in the next couple days.
So, for now, I'll leave you with one recommendation for the geek who has everything. My good friend, and sometimes book-bucaneer cohort Eamon has recently lucked upon a first printing first American edition of the Hobbit in hard cover. He's asking $4k (usd) for it, which is more than fair, and I think there might be some wiggle in that asking price, if he can find the right home. So if you really wanna spoil your geek this holiday season, and up his or her positioning for Alpha-Geek in the coming year, here's your chance. Oh, and tell E-Doggy that the Dragon sent ya.

So that's it for now, and remember kiddies, only 16 more shopping days to Chanukkah.

No comments: