Thursday, November 16, 2006

craftgrrl: Cheap screen printing tutorial

craftgrrl: Cheap screen printing tutorial

This isn't just cheap, it's super easy. girlx512 has boiled silkscreening down to the barest of essentials. This is zen-screening my friends. I've done some silkscreening in my day, and I've seen a lot of DIY directions geared towards punkbands doing their own patches, shirts, even LP covers, (which reminds me, did I ever tell you the story of the door I used to own that was silkscreened by GreenDay back when they were on LookOut!...?) but these are the simplest, most down to earth instructions I have ever seen.

Materials needed: a t-shirt, yucky/cheap paint brushes, an embroidery hoop, screen printing ink (I use Speedball brand), a glue that isn't water-soluble (I use Mod Podge), curtain sheer material/tulle/old nylons, and a computer with a printer (or a good hand for drawing things).

via the Photojojo newsletter

No comments: