Monday, November 20, 2006

Ask the Diesel Dyke

Ask the Diesel Dyke

By Lena Thompson
Originally printed 11/16/06 (Issue 1446 - Between The Lines News)
So, some guy asked me if I only work on female cars, since I am "the diesel dyke." The answer is no, but it brings me to another question. Are cars/trucks female or male, straight or gay?
I think it's safe to say that the personalities of people are definitely reflected in their choice of vehicle. And there are Web sites that list the most popular LGBT vehicles, so there is something to say about vehicle preferences vs. the subculture we may belong to. Case in point: a friend asked me if I was going to Score nightclub on a Friday night. I told her I didn't think it was gay on Fridays, only Saturdays, but I decided to drive by anyway, looking for a place to party. When I arrived in the parking lot, I got an immediate feeling that I had NOT arrived on lesbian night. Just looking at the types of vehicles, their make/model, color, condition É I could tell it was a "straight" night! I didn't even have to go inside to confirm. The vibe was overwhelmingly hetero!
So, this brings me to the real questions of the day...


Found on Jalopnik

No comments: