Friday, October 13, 2006

Wes Clark on the Neo Con's Goals in the Middle East


I know I've posted a lot of Retired General Wesley Clark in the last month. I'm going to keep doing it. Because it's one thing for some leftist hipster intellectual to criticize the Bush regime. It's a totally different thing for a decorated General to offer up those critiques. If I were to say the things that Clark says here, no matter how well documented and footnoted, many of you would write me off as a paranoid conspiracy theorist. And there is a certain legitimatcy to that. I don't know. I'd picking my sources and data to fit with my biases. It would all be second hand information, secondary sources, hearsay.

When General Wes Clark says the Bushites were planning to attack Iraq ten days after 9/11. I believe him. A great deal more than I would believe Micheal Moore, Noam Chomsky, Sean Penn, or even (Heaven forbid it should happen) Dan Rather. You don't have to watch this video now. Wait awhile. Wait until you can REALLY watch it, really LISTEN to what this man is saying. Wait until right before you vote this year. But PLEASE watch it. And please VOTE! I won't even urge you to vote along any certain party lines. But I will urge you to vote for courageous individuals of integrity who will not be bullied and cowed into rubber stamping whatever hatefilled, fear-mongering policies this administration throws at them.

Friends, we do not have to let this country go down the tubes. The historical pattern of transition from Republic to Empire is NOT a foregone concluscion. We still have enough democracy in this country to fight, to work to have a nation we can once more be proud of. But we have to use those remaining freedoms and liberties we have left. Vote! Campaign against electronic voting platforms that more easily hacked than they verified! But most important of all, DO NOT BE AFRAID! Speak your mind. Engage your friends, families, strangers in conversation about where this country is going, and where you want it to go. Because ultimately, that's how Democracy works, that's how Freedom works. And if it doesn't work that way, then it doesn't work at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clark is an amazing guy. Probally the only real shot at 08 dems have. Edwards is a one tricky phoney. Gore, Hillary and Kerry are too smug. Everyone else is either too inexperienced or too boring.

Anonymous said...

Clark's greatest strength: he doesn't lie.

Clark's greatest political weakness: he doesn't lie.

It's all about honor, duty, country. He walks the walk.

I don't know about the others, but I do know that Wes Clark is absolutely capable of winning. Why? Because the more you see him, the more you like and trust him.

BTW, I'm sick of politicians. Our country could do with a little truth.

DZ