Thursday, June 01, 2006

Z-20 electric scooter




Z-20 video

Video is big (18+ min.) and long.

Another cool electric scooter caught in DOT limbo. Certainly doesn't have the power or range of the Vectrix, but is interesting none the less. It is in the back of my mind as a replacement for the Venice LX. With a top speed of 45 miles per hour and range of 30 to 45 miles (and taking into account that these figures are usually pretty theoretical and fuzzy, although EVT America is pretty well respected in the EV community) this scoot may or may not work for me as a daily ride. Hills effect these figures and I've got a couple on my ride that really test the Venice. If I could find a way to charge it at work, I'd be golden. But for a lot of people this scoot may be just the thing. The video is pretty impressive.

Some other thoughts on the Z-20: The body styling is not really my cup of tea, I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it. I will say that the dual headlights, handguards, and fold-out passenger footpegs are nice. All in all it looks to be a well thought-out design, that is head and shoulders above the Chinese import electrics that were everywhere the last couple of years.

Because it has taken longer than expected for the Z-20 to be sold, we will be contacting each and every one of you that has registered in the Z-20 waiting list with a phone call or an email as we gear intro production with the purpose of reconfirming your wish to purchase a Z-20 as soon as it becomes available and benefit with the introductory price that we have offered and that we will honor. -from EVT website, dated June 2006.

No comments: