Sunday, December 10, 2006

Great Resource of Vespa Calendar Art

Great Resource of Vespa Calendar Art
The French Vespa Club des Savoie has a great collection of old Vespa Calendar images online, pretty decent resolution scans, even. Most of this is cheesecake, pin-up style art, which is a natural concluscion for an ad director to take, I guess. I mean sexy curves are already there when your dealing with Vespas, no need to deny it. Some of the classic 50's Vargas-style airbrush paintings are particularly alluring to the dragon... because well I like Vespas and airbrushing.
Some of these ads are photographs, such as the eternal class act Gary Cooper, seen above. I chose Mr. Cooper for this post, well cause the Dragon is a sophisticated customer. The John Wayne image I've featured can be found here, as well as Angie Dickinson, Joan Collins, Ursula Andress, Jayne Mansfield, and Raquel Welch... Mmmm Raquel Welch... You know I was never the same after watching her dance in a fur bikini on the Muppet Show when I was 5... Ah, but that's a story for another time.

No comments: