Saturday, December 30, 2006

DIY UV Photography

DIY UV Photography

Nice how-to on making a UV filter for pocket digital cameras, using a bottle cap and a black-light bulb. Also check out the previous instructable on making a macro lens using a bottle cap and scrounged lenses. Who says photography has to be an expensive hobby?

For years I've wanted to mess around with UV photography. Unfortunately, all the websites on DIY UV seem to assume an infinite amount of money and access to specialized equipment on my part. There are two things that I don't like, when someone tells me I HAVE to spend a lot of money (quartz lenses starting at $3000) or that i need specialized equipment (Wratten 18A filters, not cheap either). So I set out to do it my way, and here's my $5 solution to UV wavelength photography.

via MAKE blog

No comments: