Sunday, December 31, 2006

DIY Light Tent for Studio Photography




Here's a great afternoon project for crafting a studio lighting environment for photographing small three dimensional objects. Perfect for that cash-strapped beginning photographer who needs to do some product shots. (Or the small business person, who's doing promotion on their own.)
If you’re like me, you don’t want to spend money if you can do it yourself and yield the same results. One day I was at my local photography store I saw one of these “Pop-Up” light tents. It consisted of a collapsible white fabric box with a hole in the front and 3 lights - used for photographing small objects in photographic studios. ...
I was going to purchase it until I saw the $100 price tag. No way I am going to spend $100 on some fabric and 3 lights when the material costs far less. So I set off and built one of these light tents and it did not come out bad at all.

No comments: