Monday, July 16, 2007

AmeriVespa: a Brief Report

Howdy Y'all,
The Dragon is still in Seattle following AmeriVespa, crashing at Mage and Gretchens'. I'm working on much more indepth reporting from AmeriVespa, but just wanted to let those who could not attend know a few things. Though I didn't get to participate in the rally nearly as much as I would have liked, I had an AMAZING time! I can not describe my unbridled joy at diving headfirst into a sea of cool scooters and more importantly, cool scooter loving people. It seems that somehow scooterists are a group of folks who have their heads in clouds, and their feet firmly on the ground.

I can not describe the feeling I had when I puttered Quell into the event site at South Lake Union yesterday. I felt like the mellow stoner kid at his first Dead show. I think it took at least two hours before I was able to wipe the feces consuming grin off of my face.

Almost as striking a natural high was when at the awards banquet they announced that Quell, the Steampunk Vespa, was runner up, Honorable Mention, for Customized Modern Manual Vespa. Not too shabby for my first custom paint job, on my first Vespa, at my first rally, after my first ride on the scoot.

In true award winner style, I have to thank my sweetie, Jes, for all of her support and inspiration through the life of this project.

Anyhow, stay tuned to the Dragon, for a lot more stories (and pics!) from AmeriVespa.

No comments: