Venerable electric vehicle company ZAP has a new "high-performance" electric car, which they are currently accepting reservations on. I couldn't pin down an estimated price for the Zap-X, but the reservation deposit is $25k USD, so expect it to cost a bit more than a Geo. The car is being produced in parternship with Lotus, and is complete with all sorts of technological innovations and goodies, including:
- all wheel drive, from four hub motors with regenerative braking
- 0 to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds with top speed of 155 mph
- 350 miles per charge; about 1 cent per mile; rapid 10 minute re-charge
- Photovoltaic glass:thermoelectric, for heating and cooling, energy collecting windows and windshields to harness solar energy
- On Board Carputer with Windows XP, Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth, High definition video, iPod ready, Fire wire, USB2 and Mini USB ports
Pretty heady stuff...