Friday, January 19, 2007

Simple Butternut Squash Tart - 101 Cookbooks

Simple Butternut Squash Tart - 101 Cookbooks

Not much in the way of commentary here, except this sounds extremely tasty. And if you think about it, this is really just a basic idea, which could be tweaked quite a bit, depending on your needs, and what you might have on hand.

You can make this in a pan or free form, one big one, or multiple smaller ones. I had caramelized onions left over from a previous recipe so I used them in the ricotta - don't be afraid to experiment with seasonal ingredients. You could even sweeten up the ricotta a bit when summer comes around and do a stone fruit or berry version. I very rarely use puff pastry, but when I do, I look for Dufour, it is made with real butter and is outrageously delicious. Other brands are made with shortening/partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.

No comments: