Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bubba Sparxxx vs. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Bubba Sparxxx Versus Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

I just realized I've never posted a video of, or even mentioned, one of my favorite contemporary musical artists. I really can not emphasize enough, how much the Dragon loves me some Bubba. As the sagacious Mr. Eamon has commented, Bubba exemplifies how much of America has just moved past racism.
Bubba also represents what I grudgingly miss about the South: good music, good people, good food, and good times.
I was gonna blather about how the Cohen brothers seem to most succeed when they are focused on capturing the spirit of a region, and on how the South is such a mythic region, that they were forced to use a mythic plot. But I won't.
I imagine this video has been out forever. I've had the song for acoupla years. But living without cable, I haven't seen BET in years. Which is really a shame, 'cause it's good late night painting session TV. Standup comedy, and music videos. Really, what else do you want at 3:30 am on a Sunday?

No comments: