Thursday, January 04, 2007

DIY Scooter Lap Apron

DIY Scooter Lap Apron

Don't know how I missed this before, but around this time last year Crystal over at Girlbike, had a post on making your own lap apron, and some other DIY customizations.

David sent me a photo of his winter scooter setup, which includes handlebar mitts, home-made lap apron, and scooter trailer. The handlebar mitts are Arctic Cat brand altered to fit his Honda Metropolitan: David made a hole for the Met mirrors with a pencil soldering iron in the ripstop nylon. Take off your mirrors, slip on the mitts, screw the mirrors back on through the hole and your hands will stay warm while riding.

Aha! So that's how you do it. I got a pair of those atv handlebar mitts last year, but couldn't figure out how to get them to work with the Venice's mirrors. That makes a lot of sense, I guess I 'll be trying it soon. Click the title link for the lap apron tips.

No comments: