Thursday, January 18, 2007

Scooter notes.

Sorry Scooter-fans, it's a bad time of year for scooter writing. Scooter news has slowed, weather and mechanical issues have been conspiring against my personal scooting.
For various reasons, painting has taken priority over scooter restoration and blogging.
Meanwhile, Steve over at Scooter in the Sticks has been wrestling with mechanical issues, and the lack of a functional scoot also. His meditations on these problems, is definitely worth reading, and happily the struggles have reached a happy concluscion.
If you're looking for harrowing tales from the freeway fray, Combat Commuter, has been posting some good winter scootering adventure tales. Great stuff, if like me you are currently stuck using four wheels.

2 comments:

Combatscoot said...

Thanks for the props. I try to get over here to check you out when I can. My computer at home refuses to load-up your page, so I have to do it at school. Sorry you are 4-wheel bound, but maybe things will change for you soon!
John

Honky-Tonk Dragon said...

Thank you John,
I've tried to cut back on the youtube movies, and number of posts that appear on a page, hoping to make the page load easier. I do admit to getting carried away with pictures at times...
Not having a covered/heated shop to work on the scoots is very frustrating. Jes needs a shop to do her larger woodworking projects as well, so figuring out how to solve that problem is definitely a goal. My P200 is so close to being ready, it's driving me nuts. I've begun to seriously think about rolling it into the living room to finish it up. It was shipped to me from Colorado, so was (and still is) drained of gas and oil.

Anyway, keep up the good work Combat!