Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some REAL Adventure Riding



This has got to be the ultimate in adventure riding, and in motorcycle films. Gaurav Jani's Film Riding Solo To The Top Of The World, documents his trip on a 350cc Royal Enfield from Delhi to the Changthang Plateau in Ladakh, bordering China.

As a one-man film unit, he astonishes you, filming the landscape he passes by and the people he interacts with, capturing moments of beauty, pain, love, hardship, self doubt and spiritual triumphs.

The trailer above is just amazing. I'm just blown away by this whole project.
I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on a copy of the DVD. Adventure riding is of course, a big fantasy of mine. And I've wanted to explore this part of the world for as long as I can remember.
Just the trailer is breathtaking and inspiring, and it is no surprise this film has won a bushel of awards.
You can buy a DVD here.

Thanks to John M. Stafford on the ScooterBBS

No comments: