Sunday, May 28, 2006

Craig Vetter and his Defiant scooter

Craig Vetter and his Defiant scooter
Guy making a scooter frame for sportster. The basic idea is sound, but I think I'd prefer something a little quieter. I love the fact that he is unapologetic about his preference for the basic scooter style. Their are many of us who do, I even prefer his type of design to most modern maxi-scooters, where the "lump" between where the feet go has ballooned to almost that of a motorcycle. Honda's Big Ruckus would be a great bike if it was a little less like a naked GoldWing.

He says his motivation to build this "scooter on steroids" came from the fact that he's always been a scooter guy. "I came from a scooter background," he says, "I love scooters."

I also love this...

The name "Defiant" is basically Vetter's way of rebelling against the standard scooters being built today. The side cover is even emblazoned with the quote, "We don't care how they do it in Italy."

He has his own site but there is really more information in the news article.

No comments: