Saturday, April 05, 2008

Gaius Baltar = Messiah ?!? What the Frak?

(Or judging from this promotional photo that has been circling the internet for awhile, maybe it's Six... ?)

If you are wondering why the Dragon is blathering on like a five-year-old talking about Dinosaurs today, it might be because Battlestar Galactica is back with new episodes!

(Pardon me whilst I do the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" dance.)

It could also be that I just made the best batch of red beans and rice in the history of mankind. OK, perhaps that is hyperbole, but they came out pretty frakkin' good. I used this recipe, with (unusual for me) very little modification. Basically, I didn't dump the water once they started boiling, and I added Garam Masala, because I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that there is very little you put in your mouth that couldn't be improved by it.

No, really it's Battlestar. I don't want to post any spoilers, but if you like SciFi at all, and haven't watched this series, well, get thee to a video store and start catching up. Or just check out this 8 minute recap of the last three seasons. (Heh, heh, "there's a bun in the toaster.") Seriously. This is one of the best shows on TV, and the best SciFi series EVAH. (Firefly, of course coulda been a contender if not for the fickleness of Rupert Murdoch's minions.)

The series just continues to reflect upon some of the deepest issues that people face: What does it mean to be human? What is the nature of faith? and How do you keep 'em down on the farm after they've had sex with folks whose spines light up?

No comments: