Sunday, October 15, 2006

BadgeMaker


BadgeMaker

Sweet site for a Kustom Kulture Kraftsperson who will make custom badges for your scoot or hot rod.
How cool is that?

This site has a short Q & A with the proprietress, Moira.

What Is The Process of Getting A Custom Emblem Made?
The client can give me idea of what they would like for their badge and where it might go on their vehicle. Perhaps they may give me just the vehicles' nik name or some sort of rough sketch or idea and I take that and design an insignia that reflects the characteristics of the vehicle and its owner. I have vintage style fonts available and I am full of ideas for insignias and graphics. Though generally the badges start as a two dimensional design I add 3 dimensional aspects to add depth to the design. For example tear drops, flames or starbursts can be used to enhance a design. I can also work from artwork provided by the client. Once a design is finalized then i begin the fabrication process. Kustom badges are hand cut from brass sheet, hand finished and then chrome plated. I offer either an adhesive or screws for mounting the badge on the vehicle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can I discuss an order?

Anonymous said...

i would like a couple of emblems for my truck that say LOUISIANA