Monday, November 05, 2007

On a Personal Note

So I realize that in addition to infrequent and irregular posting before and after the New England move, updated info on how Jes and I are doing has been in short supply.
Hopefully in the next few days I'll be rectifying that situation.
For now, though a short status report will have to do.
The two of us are still searching for full-time employment; for the time being Jes is acting as a personal assistant for a friend's mother, and I've been doing a part-time gig at Vespa Ridgefield. This past weekend we finished, for the most part, unpacking and decorating our house, and it looks pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. We have been very blessed with gifts and bargains in the areas of furniture and housewares, and want to publicly thank all of our benefactors... you know who you are!
Anyway, as I've been applying for jobs, I've been forced to start organizing and consolidating the flotsam and jetsam of a lifetime spent inadequately pursuing the muse. Many of these images, I've inflicted upon the Dragon's faithful reader's in the past. A few I have not, or have been significantly updated since then.
So, here then for your edification are a few new examples of the the Dragon's visual transgressions against good taste.

First, a self-portrait of the Dragon, which is still a work in progress...


Next an image from the never-ending graphic novel project which was the original impetus for this blog...


Another image from the same project...


No it's not an homage to Led Zeplin, you stoner, it's Icarus...


This was a large diptych in oil, which is now in a private collection...


And finally, this last piece is a portrait of my buddy Mage. This was intended to be a present to him, but is now unfortunately in the private collection of a thief.

coming up soon, some excerpts from my photographic portfolio, including some arty new scooter pics. Stay tuned.

Oh and if you wish to view this portfolio of paintings and drawings in full, you can do so here.

No comments: