Thursday, December 13, 2007

Now, THAT is What I Call Bling!


Though, I'd hate to try to get it insured...

That's right folks, the new contender for Most-Blinged-Out-Car-of-All-Time is "Ninety-Nine Auspicious Dragons", a true heavyweight, weighing in at 2 tons. The car is encrusted with dragons carved out of mammoth ivory and yak bone, which is further embellished with gold and diamonds. And you pimps out there thought your spinning rims and dvd players were hot stuff...


"Artwork is invaluable. If my car is put up for auction, I except that it could fetch 20,100,000 yuan, for the Guangzhou Asian Games is to be launched in 2010. I also hope my car could stay in China and even in Guangzhou." Folk art master Su Zhongyang said. (quoted in Life of Guangzhou)
That's $2,728,000 rapidly shrinking Yankee dollars! I suppose all artwork is invaluable, but some artwork is more invaluable than others...
(click any of the links for more pictures, I just liked that dragon best.)

via Automotto

No comments: