Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ghostface Killah

The Dragon has never been into Wutang, really, (when it comes to offensive high testosterone rap, I prefer something along the lines of Immortal Technique, I mean if you're gonna tick people off with your music, you should give 'em some truth to chew on, too ) but I got a commission to do three of these shirts. I tell you letting Jes wear an airbrushed shirt to work is the best promotional tool, ever. (Though I suspect Jes may be talking up my skills as well...) The first night she did this, she came home with five orders.
Anyway, so this subject matter is a little different than what I would choose, Ghostface is just a little too pretty, I like painting faces that are more craggy and leathery. That being said, I actually had a lot of fun doing this shirt... I'm just hoping I'm not sick of it by the time I get to the third one.

On sidenote, somehow I ended up with Ghostface's album on my computer, I guess from when it lived in the back of the bookstore. Since I like to listen to music by the pop star I'm painting, I gave it a whirl. Most of it wasn't really up my alley... but I really dug the song Momma, a little more soulful than the average hip-hop, worth a listen if you get a chance.

No comments: