Sunday, February 17, 2008

Flaming Lips + Cat Power = "War Pigs"!!!



Oh man! This is fantastic!

Hmmm... makes me wonder if getting blood on the American Flag is considered blasphemous pinko desecration?

Think for a sec, afore ya answer that, eh, hoss?

I'll say one thing for Bush & Co., they have heightened my appreciation of Black Sabbath and Ozzy.

For many years I wrote Ozzy off with the typical art-fags disdain for stoner-metal. But the only competition this song has in pop-culture is Dylan's "Masters of War," another of my favorites, but "War Pigs" works on a populist, mythical level... which Dylan is little too high-falutin' to ever achieve.

Ah, but who am I kiddin'? I love me some trash-talking Dylan!
Especially when he's giving the powers-that-be the what-for.
And even more especially when that trash-talkin' is reinterpreted by Pearl Jam:

No comments: