Saturday, July 22, 2006

- Kick-Staring & Various Newbie Help - ScooterBBS.com

- Kick-Staring & Various Newbie Help - ScooterBBS.com

Took delivery today of Jes's 1976 Vespa Sprint 150 Veloce!
In great shape, only 3K miles on it.
Anyway, the guy she bought it from started it up for us. First kick. We shut it off and wrapped up business.
Well, I should have asked him to watch me try and kick it, 'cause once he left, I couldn't get it started for the life of me!
Double checked the original manual, had all the various settings right.
Hmmm...
Well, every kick start has its own idiosyncracies, but I needed to get to work, and was hoping to borrow Jes's scoot until my P200E gets here.
Long story short, found this thread on Scooterbbs that's got a lot of good tips for the vintage vespa newbie. Took me awhile, so I thought I'd share, and maybe save somebody the grief.

No comments: