Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Zoe Read Armstrong Auerbach

That's right folks, the Dragon is a daddy!

Jes had about 31 hours of early labor and about 2.5 hours of active labor. The attending midwife and nurse both were amazed at how quickly and smoothly Jes delivered.

Mom and baby are both recovering fine, thanks for asking.

So far Zoe has been a joy. She is a calm, curious infant whose most frequent expression is dubious but observant.

Though I son't intend to make this a baby blog, I'm sure more details will come.

For now we'd like to clebrate Zoe's arrival with song.

Isn't she lovely?



or for those you are the freakier side of reality, how about how about East German Punk Diva, Nina Hagen's trippy song celebrating the birth of her daughter Cosma Shiva?



And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to share the song that local Redding musician Mark Hinkley performed for us at Jes's Baby shower.

Zoe's Song

May you be blessed with loving kindness,
May you be well,
May you be graceful and at ease,
May you be happy.

May your first sight be of your family,
May you reach out,
And keep your family close to you,
May you be happy.

May your first steps grow strong and steady,
May you cry out,
Then may learn to sing of love,
May you be happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually when someone tells me they are having a child I think oh no not them. But Ben and Jes having offspring is just super happy cool!!!! I hope to meet the family sometime. Congratulations.

Steve Williams said...

Congratulations! I've been down that road with the only regret being it all went by so fast. One moment my daughter is tiny and the next moment she's 28 and explaining to me about what life means...

Lot's of magic in store for you. Best wishes.

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

DaveM said...

Congrads to the Dragon and Ms. Dragon. I have to say the Buddha blogging has been a little over my head, but kids help create a whole new aura to life.

Happy fathering! You are a very lucky man.

Heather McDougal said...

Hey, I'm behind the times here but congratulations! Wonderful weirdness to come. And if things aren't as smooth as they were at first, remember: 3 months is the moment. The moment when the colic magically begins to disappear. By four months, things are a totally different cup of tea.

Good luck, and best wishes!