Friday, September 21, 2007

Naked Three Wheeler

(High-res image here)

Modern Vespa member 501 has started a thread for collecting images of the Gilera Fuoco... er, that is to say, the Piaggio MP3 500.
If you've been reading the Dragon for a while, you know that I have been enamored of Piaggio's three wheeler from the get-go, and stark raving buggo for the Fuoco. My test ride of a 250 at AmeriVespa only cemented my obsession. For this scooterist, at least, this is the future.
So many of these pics have been featured here before.
What I consider the most interesting of the lot, though are these pics of a Fuoco, nekkid as an escape-artist toddler at bath-time.

(High-res image here)

Is it just me, or is this baby BEGGING for a Steampunk or Dieselpunk customization?
In the Dieselpunk vein, the Fuoco reminds me of an updated Hienkel, if that marque had lasted or been revived. Which makes me wonder if the Vetter full-body fairing could somehow be adapted to fit.

No comments: